Author: Muhammad Ali Al-Hashimi
Translator: Nasiruddin al Khattab
Publisher: International Islamic Publishing House
From the Preface:
The blessings of Islam did not stop at raising women from humiliation and backwardness to a level of progress, honour, security and protection. Islam is also concerned with the formation and development of every aspect of her personality, whether it affects her alone or her relationship with her family and society, so that she may become refined and highly developed, worthy of her role as Allah’s vicegerent (khalifah) on earth.
This comprehensive work by Dr. Al. Hashimi includes:
1. The Muslim woman and her Lord
2. The Muslim woman and her own self
3. The Muslim woman and her parents
4. The Muslim woman and her husband
5. The Muslim woman and her children
6. The Muslim woman and her sons- and daughters-in-law
7. The Muslim woman and her relatives
8. The Muslim woman and her neighbours
9. The Muslim woman and her Muslim sisters and friends
10. The Muslim woman and her community/society
Aliya Khan –
This book surprised me.
For once, a book that does not define a Muslim woman in terms of her relationship with other people. The author writes about a Muslimah as a real person – thinking, growing, becoming. Someone who has willingly submitted her will to her Rabb (subhānahu wa ta’ālā). This comprehensive work provides a complete framework that covers the different aspects of a woman’s life and provides practical tips to deal with the challenges that she faces in her daily life.
A book worth reading many times over.
Aliya Khan –